Skip to content

We’ve Only Just Begun

July 16, 2011

Dear Friends,

Thank you for joining me each day for a time out to read my tidbits.  Since starting this blog on May 28th I have written 42 posts and have recieved 1014 views.  I am excited!  The reason for my excitement is that I have been able to share my heart with you and hopefully encourage you to slow down and find true life.

I have offered a small gift to the first 5 people to comment on my blog once I reached the 1,000 mark.  Only 2 of you have commented.  There are still 3 gifts up for grabs.  Comment and let me know what you think.

The past 42 posts have taken us on a journey through dinner time, camping trips, building forts, blueberry picking, picnics and even childhood warfare. (Crossbows and Marshmellows)  This is only the beginning of our journey.  So buckle up and prepare yourself for a wonderful ride.  I plan on taking many detours and we may hit a bump or two.  But stay in the vehicle at all times because the destination is awsome.

For the next month I will be challenged to take my own advice.  My son’s wedding is 28 days away.  I knew it was coming but I have been living the life I preach and I’ve been relaxing and enjoying my summer.  So now it is crunch time.  Due to the fact that I may be a little busier than usual, from time to time I may treat you to a re-run.  But stick around, it’s just getting good.

So join me here again Monday.  I have many more tidbits to share and I am glad I have you to share them with.

It looks like a beautiful day outside, so, pack a picnic, pull out the grill, get that bathing suit on and play, laze and linger.

Advertisements
10 Comments leave one →
  1. Rachelle permalink
    July 16, 2011 11:36 am

I’ve been relaxing the summer away too, and I plan on continuing. Yes, I am the bride, but I can relax too.

• July 17, 2011 11:40 pm

I am so glad you are relaxing. You will need all the rest you can get if you are going to marry my son. Just kidding. You both have a wonderful blessed life ahead of you. He has lived a busy crazy life with a crazy busy Mom. I am thankful that you have a calm sweet spirit. A wife and mother really do set the tone of the home. So continue in your gifts of cooking and making a home. It will bless you, your husband and your future family. And always remember, your mother-in-law loves you!

2. Diana permalink
    July 16, 2011 1:32 pm

We’re enjoying out of town family today. My wonderful brother-in-law blessed me with the suggestion of all of us going out for dinner rather me cooking!! Making this a stress free visit. I made a simple fruit salad to share for dessert once we all return to our home for more family fellowship.
    Blessings as you prepare for your son’s wedding. How wonderful that you’re gaining a new daughter!! I’m sure you’ll be a terrific mother-in-law!! Enjoy these next 28 days as you prepare. Just remember to take a few 15 minutes break for a sip of tea every now and then.

• July 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Thank you for the reminder. I too need them daily. I will surely make sure I take a time out. I should try to be a good example. Thanks!!

3. Margie permalink
    July 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I believe that your blog is changing how your readers view their daily lives. I know it has changed mine. I am reminded each day to enjoy my life. I met a woman a few years ago who was 95 years young. She was physically and mentally able to live in the home she and her late husband reared their children in, she still drove herself to the grocery store and cooked and cleaned for herself. She shared wonderful stories and memories with me. I asked her “What is the secret to your many years of life?” Her answer will stay with me forever. She said….. “ENJOY YOUR LIFE”! My husband and I enjoyed our lives. I made a decision that day to stop sweating the small stuff and enjoy my life. Your daily blog reminds me just how to enjoy my days. Thank You! Margie Lea

• July 17, 2011 11:25 pm

“Enjoy your life!” What wonderful advice. My hope is that we can all get a revelation of this before too much life has passed us by. The wonderful thing about Jesus is that he gives us new grace each day to get it right. You have been my “inspiration” and that is why I strive to “inspire” others. Thank you!!

4. Lou Kaufmann permalink
    July 17, 2011 8:08 am

Remember EELM? Enjoy every lucsious moment! The only way to go.

Lou

5. Rachel permalink
    July 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you so much for your heart and sharing your knowledge to mothers (and mothers in training). We all need to re-focus on what really matters in life and embrace our highest calling.

• July 17, 2011 11:20 pm

It is very easy to become distracted. It is important to periodically check our focus and make sure we are still on track with our highest calling. I share so others can try to avoid some of the traps we mothers get caught in. Thanks for reading!